Friday, May 19, 2006

Lovely evening at West Mag - Bullwinkle!

Rode up the School bus yesterday evening. The place was empty. The Trail was clear, save for one drift on the Champion Mine property, all the way to the top of the climb. Two pieces of deadfall above the Champion.

Once I got to the top, I dropped down to the doubletrack and made my way to the singletrack that takes you to the toilet bowl. I was stopped by a 5'+ drift right where the trail dives back into the trees. It was time to turn around....

On my way back, I stopped at the very top of the School Bus for a break. I noticed two red and white striped survey flags that were just off the top toward the doubletrack. I don't know what their purpose was.... could this be where the public land stops and the private property starts? I'll be following up with the BRD about finding out exactly where the private property is up there.

So I enjoy the bomber downhill and I'm back into the loops. I take the route that runs by the pond and over to the Lookout Trail for a sunset moment. While finishing the loop, I'm riding by the pond again and there's a phucking moose having dinner in the pond! No rack, but a very healthy critter! I'm not sure if it was male or female, but it was watching me with great interest, so I just kept riding as to not give the impression of a challenge.

1 comment:

jja said...

I was up tonight with a buddy. We were so into climbing we blew past the crusher. I saw the red & white flagging on explictly posted driveways off 105, so yeah that probably means "really private".