Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Picture Rock Pre Ride/Training for Bike Patrollers--Sept 20th

See the note below on a pre-ride of the new Picture Rock Trail where Michael Bauer from the County will be educating the Bike patrol. We will hit Oscars afterwards for some social spirits and food. I plan to ride more after some food, possible Elk Meadows so please come join! JP



Bike Patrollers,

in preparation for the grand opening of the Picture Rock Trail at Heil Valley Ranch, we will conduct a training ride Boulder County Parks and Open Space.

When: Saturday September 20th, 9:30 A.M.
What: Training Ride for Picture Rock
Where: Northern Trail terminus off of Red Gulch Road

Carpool info: Since there is limited parking, we will arrange carpools from the Bus Stop in Boulder and also from Airport and Nelson in Longmont. Those will meet up at 8:50am and be on the way to Lyons skatepark by 9am. We will then meet at the Skate park and ride to the Red Gulch TH. Meet at the skatepark at 9:20am!! Please leave comments on the blog if you want to arrange carpools or use the Google group. Skate park is on the NW corner of 4th and Railroad Ave--see this link.

This is a specially offered training ride with Boulder County, offered only at this time and day. Barring that, as with any closed trail, please do not ride Picture Rock until the opening.

We will see you at the trail head, ready to ride, at 9:30am on Saturday, September 20th.

Michael Bauer
Boulder County Parks and Open Space
http://www.bouldercountyopenspace.org
5201 St. Vrain Road
Longmont, CO 80503
(office) 303-678-6219
(cell) 303-818-0615
(fax) 303-678-6178



12 comments:

Andria said...

Sweet! I'll be there, very excited about this trail!

Jose Delgado said...

I can pick up 3 riders at the bus stop; let me know. I'll just need directions to the skate park.

Itty Bitty Betty said...

Jesper and I will be there for the Ore-ride/training and to patrol on the Grand Opening.

Perry said...

I added a link for the google maps to the skate park--thanks for asking Jose. JP

Andria said...

Jose, can I get a ride with you? I'll be at the bus stop by 8:50 am (unless you happen to live really close to me, 30th and Iris).

Jose Delgado said...

Andria, I live off of Broadway and Poplar so I'm closer to you than to the bus stop; I could pick you up at your house. Does anyone else need a ride???

Perry said...

Ride will be 2.5 hours long and we will tour the Picture Rock trail and also loop the Wild Turkey. Lunch roughly @12:15 at Oskars in town. More rides in afternoon to Hall or Elk Meadows if interested.

Perry said...

I am carpooling from Airport and Nelson and can take up to four other folks. JP

Ben said...

Jose,
I was wondering if I could get a ride with you as well. I live quite near Andria, apparently, at 30th and Palo Park. Or tell me where to meet you.

Thanks,
Ben

Andria said...

Dude, Broadway and Poplar is almost next door to the Busstop! Regardless, since Ben and I are too cool for school, I think we'll take you up on your offer to come to our neck of the woods. How about meet at the Vic's on 30th (between Iris and Glenwood, W side of 30th) at 8:50am??? I'll bike home from your house when we get back, it's all downhill....

Jose Delgado said...

Andria, Ben:
Vic's at 8:50am it is...

Ben said...

Jose,
Excellent, see you at Vic's at 8:50.

Ben